Saturday, October 10, 2009

Gratitude Threesomes

Rita reminded me about my G3's, which got me thinking that I haven't posted those in awhile ...

G3's, 10/10/09:

-For some beautiful fall weather this past week! I've loved walking to and from school and just watching the ivy climbing up on brick walls slowly tint from green to red and hold an entire rainbow in its leaves.

-For major schoolwork productivity. To be honest, I didn't think I had it in me. But I ploughed through this week's obligations and carried it off with a fair amount of grace. On an intellectual level I know that 'work' at its best is a process that absorbs you and pushes you to develop your skills and thinking abilities, but it's amazing how often I forget this when faced with a dreaded homework assignment or such.

-For random, silly inside jokes with family members. And how those can really get you out of bed from a luxurious nap when the last thing you want to do is to move, but you know you need to get the weekend started off with some homeworking.



And the bonus G3, rocking the sunglasses in Walgreens with the brother when he visited several weeks ago. We decided that the 70s pair I tried on looked great with the 'do rag' that he gave me for my birthday, but, um, not so much otherwise. Isn't that cap great though? He actually thought about getting me an entire minority outfit while he was in southwest China because he thought I was "quirky enough to carry it off," but ran out of time while he was there. I'm happy enough with the hat, little bro!

No comments: