Monday, December 15, 2008

Unprecedented

It's finals week. Ugh, it's finals week. Friday I will be flying home to CA, but in the meantime - ugh, it's finals week.

I've done something I've never done before. I have a paper due in 2.5 hours. It is still half-written. Literally. I'm an unedited 563 words towards my 1,000 word limit. Normally I would have finished this last night, but around 11PM my brain generally shuts off. I thought I'd outgrown my procrastination/underestimation of paper-writing habits, but apparently not. There's nothing I hate more than being up at 4AM, trying to reason through an argument.

Breakfast this morning [I know, why am I here blogging right? I don't know. Little daily snippets is such a nice feeling that I don't want to stop, finals be damned.] That's Milo with lowfat vanilla yogurt. The Milo purports to be healthier than regular cocoa powder with sugar and cinnamon, which is what I was doing until I ran out of cocoa powder. I miss my cocoa powder, although the Milo isn't half bad, especially once you forget how grand the cocoa powder truly was.

So ... sigh. I think this is going to be a long week. Because I know I have a lot to do and that my progress towards getting it all done is not where it should be if I'm trying to avoid abovementioned 4AM-avoidance-issues. And this morning I luckily have some cushion [by taking away from other timeline-progressing things], but later on, later on I think I'm going to be rather grumpy.

In fact, I already am. Le Sigh. So close and yet so far.

No comments: