Sunday, December 02, 2012

Fiber #55 :: Tory


My new fall hat!  From the little sneak peak in my last post.



Love it.  Hadn't realized how this color would go with just about everything I own.  Vacillated in the store for ages over whether or not to pick it up.  "I'm not sure I'll really wear this," is how I tried to talk myself out of it.  Thank goodness some inner part of me had more sense than that.


What sold me on the pattern was the detailing on both sides of the hat.  I love these slipped stitches running down one side.  And the gathers and pom poms on the other!  Truly a clever design with very distinctive bits.  You could swap out the pompoms for some ribbon or icord.


Fiber #55 :: Tory
Pattern: Toorie by Carina Spencer
Yarn: Madelinetosh DK, Dahlia, less than 1 skein
Mods: none!  Knit up as is.  Beautifully written pattern, very careful attention to detail.


Photos courtesy of my friend Nancy.  We were out in downtown Los Altos, and the fall colors are still on the trees (though tumbling down quickly).  Couldn't resist the opportunity for a photoshoot, and I have to say, Nancy, you're a natural!  Usually I feel terribly awkward in front of the camera, but she totally kept me laughing and at ease the whole time.  Photo-bombing helped, too.


Haha, oops.  I reached up to grab a branch and all the leaves fell off.  I felt terrible!


To fall!  To independent designers and Ravelry!  To beautiful, squishy yarn!  And best of all, to friends!

3 comments:

Sigrid said...

lovely! I just got out the hat you made me a while back and have been enjoying wearing it!

Minnado said...

Gorgeous hat - I lovethe asymmetry and those details. A great colour too. It must be good to have a willing and helpful photographer. :) xx

Unknown said...

Lovely hat, but I want to hear more about the dress you are wearing! Where is it from?