Monday, January 18, 2010

DQS8

So. I signed up for another doll quilt swap. The last one really stretched me creatively, I couldn't help it. Here's a little inspiration mosaic for my partner:



1. bee inspired October, 2. sinp.sew.send. - July, 3. Mermaid, 4. DQS7 finished!, 5. DQS6 Received, 6. HIWTPI Front.JPG, 7. Sonja's" circle tree quilt, 8. dqs7 finished, 9. finished doll quilt for dqs7!!!!!

If you haven't already started, I will shamelessly admit to liking some of the following fabrics but never actually indulging myself in a purchase:

~Zakka owls like these
~Trees like these, especially in the blue/green colorway in the coasters
~Handwriting fabric like here in green
~Heather Ross mermaids in the peach colorway
~Heather Ross' Far, Far Away line

NOTE: this is NOT, I repeat NOT, an 'ask' to go out and buy anything! It's just if you happen to already have these in your stash, the tiniest scrap would be smile-inducing :-). You'll probably notice from my finished projects that I rarely use oodles of designer fabric except as accent pieces, and I wouldn't expect anybody else to do that for me! And if not, well, the mosaic probably makes it clear that I'm often not so much about the fabric as I am about color and texture and lines and design ...

I am going to stop now. I have to pack for my trip back to Boston anyways. Tons of pictures to upload and share!


Oh yes. I know lots of crafters have been posting about Haiti, and I just wanted to say that the public health student in me HAS to mention Partners in Health and their amazing work in Haiti. They're an organization that's pretty lean, truly on the ground and partnering in real and significant ways with locals to make sure that stuff gets done.

3 comments:

Kristine Hanson said...

I too joined, again! I too don't have any of that handwriting fabric, so cute!

Zonnah said...

One day I think I will try doing a doll quilt swap. Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

Antoinette said...

Beautiful inspiration quilts! Thanks for the link to Partners in Health. It's always tough to know which organizations are reputable and credible without firsthand recommendations.