Monday, July 14, 2008

Heartfelt Handmade Goodies

This past year I have been the lucky recipient of a number of handmade goodies [yes, let us ignore the fact that it has taken me so long to post about them - I'm very bad about taking pictures you know!] Feeling so lovingly showered with handmade love! So without further ado ...


This lovely beehive hat and striped scarf from Lisa. It almost seems she knew I'd be headed for cold weather come fall, doesn't it? How lucky to have a far-seeing doppelganger! I love the little bees on the hat and she felted it slightly which makes it all the warmer ... I love wearing these both out and about!


This beautiful scarf knitted by none other than the boyfriend himself. Just imagine, a boyfriend who knits! I love that heart ... he selected that detail himself and figured out a way to put it on the scarf by himself [without the aid of online tutorials, I might add!] This goes with everything I wear, I love it.


Just look at this adorable hat that Rita knit!!! Oh man, that girl is amazing when it comes to yarn crafts. Me, I'm nearly resigned to stick with sewing [and attempting to whittle down the fabric stash, cough] but whenever I see what she whips out I'm always tempted to hunt up the knitting needles and have another go. Come to think of it, I've got a sweater on needles that I never finished ...


And the best part about it is that it doubles as a cowl, too. SO cute, no? I love the pom pom detail. It's made of the softest wool and Rita did a fantastic job.


And this nifty little headband from Rita as well. Pardon the funny camera angle but it was the best I could come up with. And also pardon my glasses tan ... hehehe ...

Man I am so totally set for Boston now! She also gave me a beautiful pin cushion and this really awesome bag for bringing sewing projects around but I haven't had an opportunity to properly photograph them and I'm afraid if I wait to do that then this will never get posted ...

So much handmade love! I'm hoping to follow-up with some great swaps with these lovelies in the next couple years =).

3 comments:

Ritapizza said...

Awesome! I made it to your blog! I'm so happy you like the hat/cowl! It's made from angora wool ^_^ hopefully I can finish some other goodies for you before you go~ ^_^

瑛翹 said...

you look so cute in the pictures!!!!!!
i hope i can make that hat/cowl some day too... :)

jessica said...

aw, thanks you two! you did such a great job rita i love them and i have the perfect button for the headband!