Monday, April 14, 2008

Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should

Unfortunately, I don't always heed my own advice.

... because I loved the fabric combination, and because I love patchwork ...
... because I didn't think to buy more than a yard of the flannel ...
... because flannel capri PJs really only make sense in San Francisco and, now that I'm moving AWAY from the city, I've decided it would be a good time to finish these ...
... because I apparently like to spend copious amounts of time with my seam ripper, and generally on projects that are quite ridiculous ...
... because I could ...



[pardon the fuzzy shot ... my camera wasn't too happy with me today]


Started half a year ago, in the summer-blitzkrieg that we received this weekend it suddenly seemed like a good idea to finish them up. If I had to do it differently next time ... well, there won't be a next time, for one thing. but if I had to do it again,

1) I definitely wouldn't put in the waistband [OK but next time I would buy MORE than 1 yard of funky brightly colored fabric, so there'd be no need to ad-lib a waistband so that the darn thing would actually fit ... and you can't tell but I had to last-minute fake some "darts" in the waistband, which I slip stitched in place ... yeah]

2) I'd probably lengthen it by at least 3 inches as well [see #1]. You know, so I could create PJs at the optimal length to make me appear dwarf-like in height.

But anyways, they're done and I'm ridiculously happy.


See? I do sometimes make stuff and post about it.

No comments: