Thursday, September 27, 2007

To my fellow September babies

For Jamie.


For Anna.
You can't really see it, but there's a flower in that bottom corner. Now I wish I'd used a brighter aqua to make it pop more.

This embroidery stuff is FUN. Somebody should've clued me back in a long time ago.

Happy birthday ladies! Thank you so much for sharing so much friendship and laughter with me.

And a couple other random small things that I've accomplished in the meantime. Really, SMALL. But fun.

This post reminded me that I've been needing cloth towels for, oh, you know, seven months now. I'm super lazy when it comes to certain things in life. I was even improvising with cloth napkins at one point. But seriously - bad environmentalist bad! - I'd just used so many paper substitutes that my conscience was really starting to bother me. And it isn't like the stash couldn't use some thinning.


It doesn't actually hang there. At some point I will go back home and pick up more fabric and then there will be more than one.

And a key chain for D. We were supposed to contribute something that reminded us for her, to her treasure chest [hope chest, hahaha M] that she was taking with her to college. That was a fun reunion. I really miss my girls and staff sometimes. The yoyo is made from fabric that D gave me, actually. And she used to go super crazy for buttons. The back is embroidered with the org name in org colors, another thing D used to go crazy for, making sure that stuff was all over the place.


Yeay for unintentional in-sync-ness. During birthdayness no less.

But next time I make cloth napkins, I'm going to have to make them wider. 'What? Sizing instructions in a craft book? Nah. I'm just going to make up my own instead.'

Right. I seem to do that a lot.

No comments: