Friday, January 19, 2007

14-18: Not to repeat myself, but ...

So a repeat of Day 14, A Room With A View ...

15: A Room With A View 2, As Sunset Approaches ...

16: A Room With A View 3, Night Owl ...

(I do realize this is rather blurry, but as I had no tripod and the exposure was 2+ seconds long, I'm rather proud of the semi-steady hands, I am.)

17: A Room With A View 4, 7:05AM ...

Here it is on another camera setting, the Sunrise/Sunset setting. Hehe, Elsa used to laugh at how fondly I nicknamed all my camera settings, and familiar with them I became by the end of our time together.



My dear, dear daddy modeling my very first hat that I've knit. Ever. And the very first time I've knitted with fancier stitches than just knit and purl, fancy like ... like I don't know what they're called in English, this is what happens when you try to learn things in another language. Also, I modified the pattern all on my own to accomodate for wonky gauge stuff, not quite knowing what I was doing but miraculously it all worked out in the end.
Anyways. I'm a little torn on the hat. Part of me kinda likes it. Part of me is in a 3-way debate with myself on whether it looks like 1) something a sweet little grannie would wear, 2) something from Hat Lady on Telegraph [not exactly the type of funky I was going for], 3) I tried to imitate a military helmet and failed miserably.




18: The Look of Transition. The old [Christmas decorations from Diddams, still up] and the new [fruit calendar proudly displaying January. This series is so adorable. We get it every year. How much fun would it be to be the ones to create a new set of fruit-themed anthropomorphizing calendars each year?]

No comments: