Friday, December 08, 2006

Occasional bouts of productivity

Been baking ...

and ...


"healthy" with whole wheat flour, less sugar, and two types of chocolate chips.

Also picked this up recently ...
Therefore drawing ...

And there's always time for a bit of thrifting ...


Lots of hand quilting ...
Who knew this could be so therapeutic? I nearly gave this quilt to Goodwill. Too many moves, too little patience, the last move came on top of another move and was just too much. Luckily mom stopped me from doing that. Thank goodness for moms. Six years later the basting comes out and the quilting goes in.
I've had significantly less success with machine quilting ...


Let us not look too closely. One of my better corners.

And finally, catching up with friends!

Thanks to Kathleen for the past six weeks, letting me crash with you every Tuesday, feeding me, staying up later than you normally would with our chatting after the lights are out. You will become a fantabulous dentist despite my meddlings into your hectic student life.

JJ called me up the other night to let me know she was on this coast, we had a nice stroll downtown and some coffee [milk tea for me ... though as we were in a little Italian cafe, I wasn't too sure how their tapioca would turn out so I skipped that]. Its amazing - as she pointed out, we've seen each other in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, and ... Palo Alto. Well maybe one day I'll make it out to the East Coast [if she's still there], or who knows, maybe we'll be back in China again, or even another country entirely ...

And Amy! We made our healthy cookies and stitched away, she binding her quilt and me hand-quilting the snowmen goodness. Oh, how I love snowmen season. The California variety [the type that exists in quilts, on mugs/socks/underwear/PJs/calendars/etc.] in particular.


With her finished quilt! How beautiful. I think Amy always does a better job matching fabrics than I do, and I've been the lucky recipient of some of her scraps in recent years [yeay for getting friends into crafting ... one by one ... nobody is safe ...]
You know, I could probably make her a purse with her leftovers ...

No comments: