Sunday, July 24, 2011

Challenge: Ridiculous -- gifties!

Hi all! Apologies for the radio silence, but sometimes life gets away from me (crazy landlady ... searching for new housing ... getting off my arse for a writing date with Ali which means writing the story that has eluded Draft One for five years now ... visiting with friends ...)

Without further ado, a couple little prezzies for people who participate in Challenge: Ridiculous:


Prezzie #1: Navy-ness. I have, for your consideration, two yards of navy linen (prewashed, I hope you don't mind!) plus fabric covered buttons and about 8 feet of bias tape, all made with leftovers from my Fauxbetto. I think this would make something lovely, classic, or quite possibly out-and-out ridiculous, depending on how you run with it. Either way, I think the yummy linen deserves a proper home (seeing as it may take me years, if ever, to use it), so I'm sending it off to a happy home in the blogosphere!

Prezzie #2: Bright and Cheery. I present here some lovely Anna Maria Horner voile and some thrifted fabric. I think I have about 2 yards of the middle fabric and the one behind it is a pillowcase -- I think it would make a lovely accent for the middle fabric, embellishment possibilities abound! For full disclosure, there is a small rectangle cut out of one end of the pillowcase, I'm not sure why. Wouldn't it make a great 60s or 70s ensemble with an elegant (voile) scarf? I don't know but I think somebody out there should show me how great it can be!

So! Make something for Challenge: Ridiculous!!! Just leave me a comment or drop me an email with what you've made, and you'll be in the running for a random drawing for a package in the mail! Come now, who doesn't love getting something in the mail?

And lest you think I've abandoned the challenge entirely, here's a sneak peek of my latest FO ...


Hehehe ... I'm pretty excited about this one ...

8 comments:

Alessa said...

:D Cool stuff! I'm just now writing up a blog entry about my Project: Ridiculous. No unicorn fabric as of yet, but I'm still working on that... ;)

That glasses print is really cool! Another Fakebetto? (And have I mentioned, I love the names you come up with? :)

Ali said...

Oh lordy, youve no idea what sort of ridiculousness ive been up to! Four matching dresses and a whole lotta ruffles on a pendrell. Anyway, what exactly do i have to do to get my hands on that linen?? Cant wait to see your ridiculous FO! With piping, no less (gush)

Minnado said...

Coming up in the near future, the most ridiculous skirt I have made and a silly dress but first, I have just finished a ridiculous pair of trousers which I will blog about later today. Ridiculous because? Partly the time it has taken, the ripping out of seams, resewing, bashing together. They started out as straightforward cropped trousers, once I had put in the zip I couldn't breathe (need to remember more careful sizing) so after a lot of reworking and a stint thrown down the back of the radiator in frustration, they have a casing at the top. They are also ridiculous as they are sailor trousers and I have an inexplicable urge to start saying "Ship-shape, bristol fashion" etc now I am wearing them.
I love the glimpse of the spectacles dress. Looking forward to seeing the end result. Hope all your housing problems are sorted. x

jane said...

Would love to make a top with that lovely print....

Miriana said...

Prize # 1 please. And I suspect that the word 'ridiculous' will feature more than the word 'classic'

Lucie said...

I stumbled across your blog and have been pouring through your posts on refashioning clothes. That is mainly what I have been up to, and my most recent project was restyling a shirt with bias tape to perk it up. Will have to post about that one. And I have been sewing linen pants for the summer in blue which I love wearing.

You do lovely work by the way.

Becky said...

Ha, I should count my pants I just made--Anthropologie-inspired, and they took something like a month to make, and it involves lacing and pleating linen! I also made what basically equates to a tutu skirt this week. For an almost 25-year-old. Does that count as ridiculous?

And then there's the skirt I have up next, which I've had mentally queued for three years and therefore has taken me a ridiculous amount of time to even cut out....

Roobeedoo said...

I have ridiculous plans... but I haven't got there yet! Is hter a deadline for ridiculousness?!