Thursday, May 24, 2012

What I'm Working On Right Now


Finishing up a knitting project (could I be on a roll here?).  And maybe thinking about tackling a refashion.  Doesn't that fabric make you think of the 90s?  It certainly makes me think of a particular classmate of mine from elementary and middle school.  If it wasn't for the fact that we didn't part on terribly good terms, I might even name the finished garment after her, that's how much it screams her name to me.

Starting up a new blog.  For awhile now I've been thinking that I would like to write more about creativity, writing, the power of meditative activities and reflection, the process of striving to live life as a better person, more connected to others, to a larger community, to the earth, and to myself.  I really like the community that I've found here, and while I think those topics are ones that resonate with many of you, somehow it didn't quite feel right to shift this blog in that direction.  So I'm running a little experiment with myself to see how it works balancing the two!  I appreciate any and all feedback of course :-).  Especially for those of you who like my more introspective posts, you may find more of that there.

Enjoying following people's MMM posts, even if I don't always comment!  I have not been doing terribly well photographing my informal playing-along-ness, so I will just do 1 roundup at the end of May ...

3 comments:

Sigrid said...

Looks gorgeous as usual. I'm excited about your now blog. It's a direction I have contemplated as well, I'm not always sure people want to read about my navel gazing.

Alessa said...

Lovely pattern!
I rather like reading about other people's "navel gazing", as Sigrid puts it, although I never quite know if and what to comment on it... ;) I like your posts so far and read quietly along, if that's alright?

Roobeedoo said...

Ooh lovely knitting!