Monday, August 03, 2009

Stash-y Grocery Bags, Take II

I actually pulled out two stacks of fabrics back when I made this, but didn't get around to cutting out the panels for the second bag until after I moved into my friend's place for the summer. And then, of course, ladida I got distracted with other projects, until one night when I gave the first bag away to Jamie along with some produce [I was headed out of town for the weekend and needed some other mouth to feed my CSA share to].


The bag dimensions are the same as before, and it is uses the same improvised technique as the last time. Really am trying to use down the stash here, the green corduroy is leftover from a skirt I made this past fall. Pardon the lumpiness and unpressed condition of the handles, this bag had already received some lovin' by the time it got to work its magic for the camera.


If possible, I may love this one even more than the previous [although I've still got so much of the blue vintage fabric left, I may hack away at it again]. And I've got a request for a third one, so more to come ...

2 comments:

Zonnah said...

Very cute!

Antoinette said...

I can see why this one is your favorite! What a stylish shopper you are.