Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

Vintage; Etsied/handmade; thrifted. My favorite ways to retail.

I suppose it shouldn't surprise me that here in Boston ~ here in the Northeast, it seem ~ they make a bigger deal out of the fourth of July. Or maybe I tend not to make a big deal out of most holidays, and that's not unusual among the set of friends I happened to have in CA.

Purchased during travels; at a street fair; from my childhood. My favorite earring sources.

I do remember the time Anna and Henry were going to meet the gang at an oyster farm, so I interrupted a very nice picnic at the beach with Jamie to join them, dragging Kathleen along to meet CYC peeps for the first time, and what started out as a good idea morphed into a 6 hour car ride through lost terrain. I have to say, that'd probably been my most memorable Independence Day celebration in awhile.

At the Boston Pops, 7/3/09

Last night, though, we made like Bostoninans and headed out to hear the Boston Pops play by the Charles River. It was crowded. Fantastic. None of us had ever been in an American independence day celebration quite like this one.


There will be fireworks tonight, but I very well may be asleep by that point. Before that, though, I have a cake to make.


My latest WIP. I think I need to track down some ball and chains as Stephanie recommended, and then it'll be done.


But anyways. Happy fourth!

No comments: